Today is the official start of spring, and I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t be happier about it. It’s not that I don’t like winter, in fact I celebrate the beginning of every season. I think it’s just the feeling of something new and different, oh and a chance to freshen up around the house (a.k.a. REDECORATE)!
If you too are feeling the need to get yourself ready for spring, checkout my list of easy updates for the season:
1. The best place to start is at your entry. A new welcome mat and some potted flowers are a quick, inexpensive way to say “Hello Spring”!
2. Roll up those heavy area rugs and replace them with light weight sisal or jute rugs.
3. Pillows, pillows and more pillows! I have a stash of throw pillows for every season.
4. How about using temporary wallpaper to brighten up an accent wall??? Major impact without the commitment!
5. Fresh flowers definitely say springtime! Pick up a couple of bouquets at the grocery store and separate into smaller vases and jars and you can have fresh flowers in every room.
6. Throw off that heavy duvet and replace it with a lighter weight coverlet; add in some pillows and a throw blanket for color and texture.
7. Find the sunniest window in your house and plant something. It is so satisfying to see those little seedlings sprout up and take form!
8. Don’t leave your desk out! You would be amazed at how much more productive you will be by sprucing up your workspace.
9. If you haven’t been to Target lately you should really go check out their Threshold line of home accessories. They have a whole crop of items to get your bathroom springtime fresh.
10. Last, but not least, as long as you are getting your home ready for spring, you might as well do the same for makeup bag. These are a few of the items I will be picking up!
So go out today and celebrate the beginning of spring and as always, do it with style!!!